Saturday, April 20, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 April 20

Let’s Change Courses

 

And it came to pass, when the king had heard the words of the law, that he rent his clothes. And the king commanded Hilkiah, and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Abdon the son of Micah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asaiah a servant of the king's, saying, Go, enquire of the LORD for me, and for them that are left in Israel and in Judah, concerning the words of the book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is poured out upon us, because our fathers have not kept the word of the LORD, to do after all that is written in this book.” (2 Chronicles 34:19-21)

 

Today’s Morsel: If we are not careful, we can find ourselves on a course that isn’t working. When I was in the army, there were times during Land Navigation Training, that I would get off course and could not find the point that I was looking for. But we had been taught that if we were to get off course, that we should return to the last known point and start again. Does it seem as though things in your life aren’t working? Then why not stop and evaluate your situation and see if you need to change courses. You don’t want to stay on the same old course that isn’t working for you. The ones that may be causing you heartache and pain. When the King Josiah heard the words of the Lord given to him, he realized that they were off course and were not following what God had said in His Word. He realized that they needed to reverse course immediate. When your situations and circumstances may be rewarding you evil instead of good, you may need to check God’s Word to see if you are off course. Always remember, if you find yourself walking in darkness, you are not in the will of God. As His Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. 

 

Sing: Change my heart, O’ God, make it ever true. Change my heart, O’ God, may I be like You. You are the potter, I am the clay; mold me and make me, this is what I pray. Change my heart, O’ God, make it ever true. Change my heart, O’ God, may I be like You.

 

Thought For Today: “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” (Acts 2:38)

No comments:

Post a Comment