Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 February 2021

 

Life Insurance

 

And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.(Exodus 12:13)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I do not know about you, but there is not a week that goes by that I do not receive a letter in the mail telling me that I qualify for life insurance.  Really!  How can they know that I qualify without having ever met me or know me?   When I look at what they are charging for their premiums, I know I do not qualify because I am not going to pay that much.  When God was getting ready to bring the last plague upon Egyptians, because of the hardness of Pharaoh’s heart for not letting the children of Israel go, God gave Moses instructions for the children of Israel.  They were to take blood from the animal sacrifice and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses.  And the blood, God said, shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.  In other words, the blood would be life insurance for them.  The writer of Hebrews states: “Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.(Hebrews 9:18-22)  Do you have a life insurance policy with Jesus Christ?  Have you had the blood applied to your life?  It is applied in the waters of baptism in His name. Believe me, you qualify if you are willing to repent of your sins and be baptized in Jesus' name.  That is the only cost and the only condition.  And trust me, it is not a term life insurance policy, it is a whole life insurance policy.

 

Sing:  Saved and I’m happy today, thanks be to God for this I can say, I’m saved, and I am happy today, I’m walking up the King’s highway.

 

Thought For Today: Who's your insurance carrier? (Parker) 

No comments:

Post a Comment