Monday, February 1, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 February 2021

 

The First Messianic Promise

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” (Genesis 3:15)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When Adam and Eve sinned in the garden by partaking of the forbidden fruit, here begins the first judgment by God upon mankind.  I am sure the serpent was probably grinning and laughing as God announced the punishment upon Adam and Eve.  And I also believe that the sentence is pronounced upon the serpent in the presence, no doubt, of the man and woman as well.  The serpent is not examined first, as Adam and Eve were because God already knew his subtlety and deception.  It was the serpent only that was evident to the senses of Adam and Eve’s temptation; and, secondly, because the true temper was not new, but an old offender of the brethren.  God told him that he would crawl on his belly for the rest of his life, and that He would put enmity between his seed and the woman, and that the seed of the woman would bruise his head and he would bruise his heel.  This was the first mention in scripture of the Messiah which was to come.  Paul writing to the church at Galatia states, Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.(Galatians 3:16)  The woman at the well in John chapter 4, states to Jesus, “I know that Messiah cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.(John 4:25-26)  If you have been born again, you have the seed (The Word) to bruise Satan’s head. 

Sing: He set me free, yes, He set me free.  He broke the bars of prison for me.  I’m glory bound, my Jesus to see.  Glory to God He set me free.

 

Thought For Today: “If you have been born again, you have the seed(The Word) to bruise Satan’s head.” (Parker)

1 comment: