Friday, February 19, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 February 2021

 

Stay Alert

 

Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
(1 Corinthians 16:13)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the greatest dangers in a pandemic is that oftentimes people will fall asleep and forget who they are, what they have done, and what God has chosen them to be.  Paul alerts the church to stay alert.  He told them, But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.(2 Corinthians 11:3)   We must remain vigilant. Watch you, Paul said. You have many enemies; be continually on your guard; be always circumspect.

1. Watch against evil

2. Watch for opportunities to receive good

3. Watch for opportunities to do good

4. Watch over each other in love

5. Watch, that none draws you aside from the belief and unity of the Gospel.

Stand fast in the faith - hold in honest belief what you have already received as the truth of God; for it is the Gospel by which ye shall be saved, and by which ye are now put into a state of salvation.  

Quit you like men - Be not like children tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine; let your understanding receive the truth; let your conviction be the absolute necessity of retaining it; and give up life rather than give up the testimony of God.  

Be strong - Put forth all the vigor and energy which God has given you in maintaining and propagating the truth, and your spiritual strength will increase by its usage. 

Are you staying alert!

 

Sing:  When He calls me, I will answer, when He calls me, I will hear.  When He calls me, I will answer, I’ll be somewhere listening for my name.  I’ll be somewhere listening, I’ll be somewhere listening, I’ll be somewhere listening for my name.  I’ll be somewhere listening, I’ll be somewhere listening, I’ll be somewhere, listening for my name.

Thought For Today: Wake-up O’ Sleeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment