Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 February 2021

 

Weeping For The Rejected

 

"Then Samuel went to Ramah; and Saul went up to his house to Gibeah of Saul. And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel. And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.”   (1 Samuel 15:34-16:1)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When King Saul failed to obey what God was telling him to do as the king of Israel, God finally rejected him as king.  Even though the prophet Samuel was praying for him, God was rejecting his prayers for him.  God said to Samuel, how long are you going to mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel?  We must not get to a point in our lives that we just continue to refuse to do what God has asked of us to do.  If God rejects you, then there is no hope for you outside of true repentance.  Isaiah informs us, “Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:1-2)  If you want God to hear and to answer you, then you must obey His word and do what He is asking of you, or you could find yourselves rejected for life.

 

Sing:  He chose me! He chose me! Out of all the people in this world.  He chose me! He chose me! And He can use me till He uses me up.

 

Thought For Today: Obedience is better than sacrifice  

No comments:

Post a Comment