Saturday, December 5, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 Demcember 2020

 

Shared Faith

 

Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner. He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see. Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes? He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?(John 9:24-27)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about sharing our faith is in order for it to be effective is how we present it.  Most people will see the excitement on our faces and know that something within us has changed.  I can remember the Sunday after I was baptized in Jesus' name, when I walked into work on Monday, my co-workers all knew that something had happened, and they wanted to know what.  And so I took the opportunity to tell them.  I did it with the best love that I knew as a new convert, but there were those there who were skeptics and did not want to believe what I was sharing.  But as Paul stated, “For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.” (Romans 3:3-4)  But some listening did believe, and they too were baptized and received the Holy Ghost.  When Jesus healed the blind man, the religious leaders did not want him to say that Jesus had done it, because they hated Jesus.  They even tried to convince the man by calling Jesus a sinner.  But the man told them, “Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.”  One thing I have found to be true is, once Jesus opens your eyes, you are going to see truth.  No matter what others think or call Him.  Others have come too late to tell me that this is not truth, I know Jesus' has changed my life!  Once I was blind, now I see!

 

Sing:  Light of the world You stepped down into darkness, opened my eyes let me see.  Beauty that made this heart adore you, Hope of a life spent with you.  

Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that You’re my God. You’re altogether lovely, altogether worthy, altogether wonderful to me.

I’ll never know how much it cost, to see my sins upon that cross, I’ll never know, how much it cost, to see my sins upon that cross. So, Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that You’re my God. You’re altogether lovely, altogether worthy, altogether wonderful to me.

 

Thought For Today: Share your faith even if everyone doesn't believe you.  Someone will. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment