Friday, December 18, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 December 2020

 

Sustainment

 

The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear? (Proverbs 18:14)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that I learned in the military, and now even in the church, is self-motivation.  In other words, there are times that I will need to motivate myself to keep going and to keep an optimistic outlook on life.  If we are not careful, we can let the world around us and others pull us down into the pit of gloom and doom.  Another thing that I have learned as a Christian is that some things did not come with the Holy Spirit and my salvation.  Some of those things are depression, pessimism, sadness, stress, despondency, and complaining.  If these things are continuously in your life, then there is a breach in your spirit and your spirit will not sustain you.  In other words, it will not help you.  A good health spirit will help you to stay motivated and uplifted.  Notice what the Apostle Paul wrote to the church at Galatia:  "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.(Galatians 5:22-25)  Now, if you say that you are born-again, but you are living in the pit of gloom and doom, check your spirit.  Listen to David, “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.(Psalms 42:5)  Just to know that Jesus has saved you should cause you to always have a sense of Esprit-de-Corps and self-motivation where you keep up your praise.

 

Sing:  This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made; I will rejoice, I will rejoice, and be glad in it, and be glad in it.  This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.  This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made.

 

Thought For Today:  Don’t let the devil steal your joy!

1 comment: