Thursday, December 17, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 17 December 2020

 

Friendship

 

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.(John 15:13-15)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Since the start of Facebook, I hear people say that they have so-many friends.  I see posts that state on some page’s BFF, (Best Friends Forever).  But are they really best friends forever?  How do you define friendship?  Solomon states, “A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” (Proverbs 17:17)  A true, hearty, faithful friend loves in times of adversity as well as in times of prosperity.  There are many that are friends to a person while they are in affluent circumstances, but when there is a change in their condition, and they are stripped of all riches, fame, and substance; then their friends forsake them, and stand at a distance from them.  Somewhat like Job’s friends.  Jesus told His disciples that they were His friends if they did what He commanded them.  The idea is that a true friend is not going to ask you to do anything that is not right and good for you.  So whatever Jesus asks of us to do will prove our friendship to Him.  They say that you can always tell a real friend when you've made a fool of yourself they do not feel you have done a permanent job.   Are you a real friend?

 

Sing:  A friend when sickness lays me low.  A friend when death draws near.  A friend as through the vale I go.  A friend to help and cheer.

Friendship with Jesus, fellowship divine; oh, what blessed sweet communion, Jesus is a friend of mine.

 

Thought For Today:  Is Jesus your best friend forever (BFF)?     

No comments:

Post a Comment