Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 December 2020

 

The Great I AM

 

And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
(Exodus 3:13-14)

 

Today’s Morsel: When God conversed with Moses at the burning bush, Moses wanted to know what to tell the people as to who had sent him.  I think anytime we take a message to someone else, they are going to ask us who sent us.   God said to Moses, "Tell them I AM hath sent me unto you."  Jesus told His disciples, Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.(John 13:13)  John Gill commentary states, “Though he had acted the part of a servant in such a surprising manner, by washing their feet; yet he had not dropped and lost, but still maintains his place and authority as a "Master" to teach and instruct them, and as a "Lord" to rule and govern them.”   But Jesus asked His disciples, "Who do men say that I the son of man am?"  The woman at the well said to him, “I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.(John 4:25-26).  In John 6:35 Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst”  In John 9:5 He declared, “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."  In John 10:7 He states, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.”(John 10:7)  “And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.(John 8:23-24)  Would you believe me if I told you that Jesus is The Great I Am?  Even Jesus Himself states, “Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake” (John 14:11)

 

Sing:  The Mighty God is Jesus, the Prince of Peace is He; the Everlasting Father, the King Eternally.  The wonderful in wisdom, by whom all things were made; The fullness of the Godhead in Jesus is displayed.

It’s all in Him. It’s all in Him.  The fullness of the Godhead is all in Him.  It’s all in Him. It’s all in Him.  The Mighty God is Jesus and it’s all in Him.

 

Thought For Today:Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.(John 14:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment