Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 December 2020

 

The Investment That Never Fails

 

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.(Matthew 6:19-21)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I hear a lot about investing.  I do not think that there is a week that goes by that I do not receive either an email or letter in the mail about investing.  I often ask myself; I wonder how many people are investing in this world, and not in the kingdom of God?  Jesus said, “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”  Notice what Jesus says here, where your treasure is, there your heart will be.  If your treasure is in this world, that is where your heart is going to be.  What are you investing in God’s kingdom?  How much love are you investing there?  How much goodness and gentleness?  How about mercy? How about peace and contentment?  If you do not have an abundance of these things in your life, check your investment.  As a good investment in the right stock company always gives back a good dividend.  Make sure you are laying up your treasures in the right Kingdom.  

 

Sing: There’s a dream, that I dream, of my heavenly, heavenly home, and I know, that I am going there someday, O’ Lord.  Some morning, night, or noon, I don’t know just how soon, that’s why I’m sending up my timber, every, every day.

 

Thought For Today:  Invest in God’s kingdom and you’ll never go broke. (Parker)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment