Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 September 2020

The Thought That Is In A Man’s Heart

 

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.(Proverbs 23:7) 

 

Today’s Morsel:  I like to say to my grandkids, “I will give you a penny for your thoughts.”  It takes them by surprise because they usually do not know what or why I am asking them.  I can often tell when they are thinking about something or have something on their minds.  Jesus often knew people’s thoughts as well, and he would question them.  What do you think ye of Christ, He asked them?  Who's son is he?  Or what do you think if you see the son of man coming in the cloud of his glory?  Do you believe that I am able to do this?   Scripture says that Jesus said, “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.(Luke 6:45)  Solomon said that as a man thinketh in his heart so is he.  Are you evil or good?  Weak or strong?  Holy or unholy?  Pure or impure?  Lost or saved?  Loving or prejudice?  Racist or nonracist? Solomon says how we think in our hearts that is what we are.  If we think that we are Christians, shouldn’t our actions and conduct display such?  Guard your thoughts, they determine what you are.  

 

Sing:   I am because God says I am.  I am because God says I am.  I’m more than a conqueror through Him that loves me. I am because God says that I am.

 

Thought For Today:  Be the real deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment