Monday, August 3, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 August 2020

Hasty Anger

 

Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.(Ecclesiastes 7:9)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I sometimes ask myself why Christians get angry when it did not come with the Spirit. I find it somewhat hard to accept when Christians get angry with others because Jesus is the Prince of Peace. But I find that many Christians when things are said to them that they do not like or someone criticizes them they are quick to follow the Prince of this world, Satan, and become angry.  Paul, writing to the church at Ephesus, states that if we have put on the new man which is created after Christ then there are certain things that we should no longer be doing.  And one of those is being angry (Ephesians 4:20-26).  Anger has destroyed so many people and ruined so many lives.  Physical abuse because of one angry moment can ruin a life forever.  Anger must never be seen in the life or uttered from the lips of a Christian.  You must always control your anger, or it will control and destroy you.

 

Sing:  I want to live the way that He wants me to live, I want to give until there’s just no more to give.  I want to love, love till there’s just no more love, I could never, never out love the Lord.

 

Thought For Today: Always control your anger or it will control and destroy you. (Parker)

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment