Monday, August 24, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 August 2020

The Divine Helper

 

“The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?” 

(Psalms 118:6)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When I first joined the army, if you were on a joint military base, it was not uncommon that the Army and Marine Corps guys would get into a fight with the Air Force guys.  But then someone realized that we were all on the same team.  We realized that we each needed each other for protection and defense.  Scripture says, “And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am, I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.” (Joshua 5:13-15)  The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The Lord is with me. He is my helper. He defends my cause. I will not fear. I have nothing to be afraid of.  God is mightier than any or all of my foes, and He can deliver me from them all.  What can man do unto me?  No one can do more than God permits them to do to me.  They cannot destroy me when He means to save me; they cannot defeat the purpose He has for me.  Knowing that God is for us and not against us, we can take confidence in knowing that we will win every battle and every situation that we may face.

 

Sing:  I’ve got a God who with His angels watches over me; I have a God who with His angels keep my enemies beneath my feet; I have God who's with me when I’m sick and when I’m feeling well; I have a God, I have a God and my God never fails.  I have a God.

 

Thought For Today:  Don’t ever forget who is on your side.


No comments:

Post a Comment