Saturday, August 29, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 August 2020

Living The Way You Ought To

 

“Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.” (James 4:13-17)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Do you ever get upset with Christians who do not live up to the standard they are asked to or they do the things that they know are totally wrong?  Before you answer that, make sure you are not one of them.  James says that if we know to do right and do not do it, it is sin.  All unrighteousness is sin (1 John 5:17).  I think that one of the reasons some folks do not do what they know to do is right is that they think they are okay.  King Saul thought that what he allowed the people to do with bringing back the best of the flock to sacrifice to God was alright. But he soon found out that it was not.  I often ask myself, are some folks issues they are having because of their disobedience to God’s word?  What will it take for us to live right?  I have found that all it takes is a love for God and His word.

 

Sing:  I want to live the way He wants me to live.  I want to give until there just no more to give.  I want to love, love till there just no more love.  I could never, never out love the Lord.

 

Thought For Today:  Be ye holy, for I am holy.


No comments:

Post a Comment