Saturday, August 1, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 August 2020

 

Nothing New

All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.(Ecclesiastes 1:8-10)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Why do we use such terms as “I brought a new car" or "I brought some new clothes" or "I brought a new washer and dryer”?  Solomon states that there is nothing new under the sun.  "Is there anything whereof it may be said, see, this is new?  It hath been already of old time, which was before us."  No matter what we may consider as new, it has already been.  The same is true within the church.  We may think that it is a new insight into the scripture, but it is not.  It was already there; we just did not realize it.  I often ask myself, why aren’t people's eyes not satisfied or their hearing filled with hearing, seems as much as we hear and see?  Is this a ploy of the enemy to destroy our minds?  Are you satisfied or are you discontented with your life?  Maybe if we were to realize that what we are working so hard to obtain, which we may think is new which is not, we could reach contentment.


Sing:  The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You. The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You.  I want to know You more; I want to know You more.  The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You.

 

Thought For Today: There is nothing new under the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment