Monday, August 31, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 31 August 2020

What Does God Require of You?

 

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?(Micah 6:8)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Being a Christian is not hard if we would just do what God requires of us.  Through the prophet Isaiah, the Lord said, “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.”(Isaiah 43:10-12)  Notice, he has declared, saved, and shown us what is required to be His witnesses.  And that is, do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with Him.  If we do not do right and love mercy, we will never learn to be humble.  Before honor is always humility.  Right living and being thankful to God for His forgiveness should help us to stay on track and walk upright.  No one can be a true Christian without following these requirements.  When we know what God requires and do it, we live.

 

Sing:  I love Him. I love Him.  Because He first loved me.  He purchased my salvation on Calvary.

 

Thought For Today: When we know what God requires and do it, we live. 


No comments:

Post a Comment