Thursday, March 26, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 March 2020


Obedience

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
(Romans 16:17-20)

Today’s Morsel:  They say that if you want to be a leader with a large following, just obey the speed limit on a winding, two-lane road.  I keep trying to figure out why so many who say that they are born-again will obey the secular but not the spiritual.  I wonder why they will obey secular leaders and not spiritual leaders.  Maybe they forgot that disobedience did not come with the Holy Ghost in their New Birth process.  Paul told the church at Rome that their obedience has come abroad to all men.  He begins the Book of Romans by telling them that First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.(Romans 1:8); and now their obedience. First faith and then obedience.  What lessons do we learn here?  It is this:  That our faith in Christ should produce obedience to know and to learn more about Christ, and our obedience to know more should increase our faith to live the way that He desires us to live.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.

Sing:  I want to live the way that He wants me to live.  I want to give until there’s just no more to give.  I want to love, love till there’s just no more love, I could never, never out love the Lord.

Thought For Today:  To be a leader with a large following, just obey the speed limit on a winding, two-lane road.  

No comments:

Post a Comment