Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 17 September 2019


Initiative
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.” (1 John 3:18)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about initiative is acting in the absence of orders.  In other words, we see things that need to be done and we do it without being told or asked.  How many times have you seen the elderly trying to get to their seat and no one helps them?  Or that person in Walmart on the motor scooter that can’t reach the item that is on the top shelf?  What about the young mother trying to change her baby, and no one to help her with her other toddler?  Why don’t people take the initiative and help them?  Should not the ‘Golden Rule’ always be in operation in the lives of saints?  John said that we just don’t love in word, we love in action and in truth.  If I say I have truth and no initiative that’s an oxymoron.  Faith without works is dead.  Remember, you always reap what we sow.

Sing:  If I walk in the pathway of duty, if I work till close of the day, I shall see the Great King in all His Glory, oh yeah, when I’ve gone the last mile of the way.

Thought For Today: Faith without works is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment