Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 September 2019


Run, Dodge And Jump

For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.” (Psalms 18:29)

Today’s Morsel:  When I joined the army, one of the Physical Fitness Test Events we had to be proficient in was the Run, Dodge, And Jump.  There were two obstacles you had to run and dodge through and a six-foot-wide ditch between the two-obstacles that you had to jump across within a twenty-yard range. And you had to complete this cycle twice in less than one minute to pass the event.  If you went in the wrong direction when negotiating the obstacles, which had pointing arrows on them, or you stepped in the ditch, you were disqualified, and failed the event.  David was probably proficient in this event.  He said, “For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.”  There will be many obstacles and pits we will have to negotiate in our lives to stay focused on our eternal destination.  If we go in the wrong direction or we step in the ditch of false doctrine and worldly lust, and greed we will be disqualified.  So, stay in your lane and watch where you are going.  You don't want to fail.

Sing: I can run through a troop and leap over a wall, hallelujah, hallelujah.  Well, He’s the rock of my salvation, in Him there is no condemnation.  I can run through a troop, and leap over a wall, hallelujah, hallelujah.

Thought For Today: Stay in your lane and watch where you are going.


No comments:

Post a Comment