Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 May 2019


Strong Faith
And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.” (Matthew 8:5-10)

Today’s Morsel:  Scripture says that faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).  Jesus mentions here that the centurion had great faith.  We do not see in scripture where Jesus ever makes such a comment of anyone else.  Not even His disciples are given such accolades. He lists only this man as having great faith.  His faith is so strong in Jesus, that he tells Jesus that all He needs to do is just speak the word and his servant will be healed.  What about you?  When you go to Jesus for a need do you have the faith that He will come through for you?  Jesus says that all things are possible to him that can believe.  Faith is knowing that God will even if it is delayed.

Sing: Faith can move mountains, mountains of fear and of doubt. Faith can move mountains, so why don’t you try your faith out.

Thought For Today: Faith is knowing that God will even if it is delayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment