Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 June 6

“As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine” (1 Timothy 1:3).

Today’s Morsel:  If you follow Paul’s instructions to Timothy and to Titus his young ministers in the gospel, you will notice time and time again he instructs them to teach no other doctrine.  Most people do not understand what doctrine is nor its importance.  Doctrine is what an organization or church is built upon.  Doctrine must always be at the center or the core of what you believe and teach.  Jesus Christ did not have one doctrine for you and a different one for me.  There is but one doctrine for His church.  Jesus said, “If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself” (John 7:17).  If you do not know His doctrine, you will be carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.  One can never know who Jesus is without knowing and understanding the doctrine.

Sing:  Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!  O’ what a foretaste of glory divine!  Heir of salvation, purchased of God.  Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long.  This my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long.

 Thought For Today:  Doctrine saves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment