Thursday, March 8, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 March 8

“So he departed thence, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth: and Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him. And he left the oxen, and ran after Elijah, and said, Let me, I pray thee, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow thee. And he said unto him, Go back again: for what have I done to thee? And he returned back from him, and took a yoke of oxen, and slew them, and boiled their flesh with the instruments of the oxen, and gave unto the people, and they did eat. Then he arose, and went after Elijah, and ministered unto him” 
(1 Kings 19:19-21).

Today’s Morsel:  Do you remember where you were when God called you to follow Him?  Many men and women have shared with me their testimonies as to where they were and how they knew that it was God calling them to follow Him. We see this with many of Jesus' disciples in scripture.  They were just going about their everyday duty or career, and they received their call into the ministry.  Elisha was out in the field plowing with his oxen.  He probably wasn’t expecting this call. But Elijah came by him and cast his mantle on him and told him to follow him.  Elisha realized at that point in his life that there would be no more need for him to plow the fields as God was changing his duty and responsibilities.  And so he took his plow and made firewood, killed the oxen and ate them, and kissed his parents and said goodbye!  When God calls us, we need to realize that we must be willing to give our all and not allow anything to impede our calling.  We must not fear that we will be without as He knows what we have need of before we ask.  God has a plan already in place to care for you when you accept the call.  You just need to walk by faith and not by sight.

Sing:  I can hear my Savior calling. I can hear my Savior calling. I can hear my Savior calling, come follow, follow me.
Where He leads me I will follow.  Where He leads me I will follow. Where He leads me I will follow.  I’ll go with Him, with Him, all the way.

Thought For Today:  Have you accepted your call?

No comments:

Post a Comment