Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 March 6

“He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes” 
(Proverbs 13:24)

Today’s Morsel:  I have heard many people say that they do not like confrontation.  Even some parents don’t like having to correct their children.  I have seen two and three-year-olds disrespect their parents and nothing is said to the child.  I have seen kids disrespect adults, law enforcement personnel, teachers, and their parents say nothing to correct them.  I have heard parents say they don’t know what they are going to do with their child because they won’t obey.  Solomon, the wisest man to ever live, state, “He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.”  In other words, if you don’t correct your child, you don’t love them.  If you do love them, you correct them as soon as they are wrong.  The same is true in the church and in every home.  Correction reveals love even if the people you must correct may not like it.  Non-correction for fear of being hated by the child, or people leaving the church shows a lack of love on the authority’s part.  Which category do you fall in?  Remember, the earlier the correction the better, and the more love you are showing.  

Sing:  He touched me.  He touched me, and oh the joy that floods my soul.  Something happened and now I know, Jesus touched me, and He made me whole.

Thought For Today:  The earlier the correction the better (Parker)


No comments:

Post a Comment