Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 March 13

“Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife” (Proverbs 17:1).

Today’s Morsel:  I don’t know about you, but I have no use for croutons on my salad.  I have no time for stale bread.  I want my bread fresh.  Give me a fresh hot roll on the side with butter.  Jesus gave the children of Israel fresh bread daily.  That’s why I call this devotion, Morning Manna.  I don’t want you to have anything from God that’s stale.  His word and promises are new every morning.  Solomon said, however, that it’s better to have a dry morsel (croutons, stale bread) with peace and contentment than to have a house filled with stuff and everybody is fighting and discontented.  If you want to have peace in your home, why not start having daily devotions with your family in your home early in the morning, and you will have fresh bread daily that brings peace along with it.  Jesus is the Bread of life.

Sing:  Jesus has a table spread where the saints of God are fed, He invites His chosen people “Come and dine.”  With His manna He doth feed and supplies our every need; O’ tis sweet to sup with Jesus all the time!
“Come and dine”, the Master calleth,  “Come and dine.”  You may feast at Jesus’ table all the time.  He who fed the multitude, turned the water into wine, to the hungry calleth now, “Come and dine.”

Thought For Today:  Better eat your Manna! (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment