Friday, March 16, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 March 16

“Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof” (Proverbs 18:21).

Today’s Morsel:  I’ve come to realize that the most abandoned gift in scripture is the gift of encouragement and edification.  Paul said, “Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness” (Romans 12:8).  And the way that we do that is by our words.  When we speak, we should always consider the words we say, because they do have an impact on others.  If we would learn to use our words wisely, we might be able to help someone recover from despondency, distress, and even abuse.  Words mean a lot when spoken correctly.  Jesus said, “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned” (Matthew 12:37).  How many are there who count words for nothing, and yet eternity depends on them.  David prayed, “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer” (Psalms 19:14).  Do you choose your words carefully?  "Lord, put a watch before the door of my lips," ought to be the prayer of us all.

Sing:  Hear my cry, O’ God, attend unto my prayer.  From the ends of the earth will I cry unto thee; and when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I, so much higher than I.

Thought For Today:  Set a watch at my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment