Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 March 20

“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage” (Galatians 5:1).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about freedom is that it is not free.  It has a cost.  To remain free once we have been made free, one must purpose to remain free, or else we will return to their old ways.  When God delivered Israel from slavery and captivity, they at first were excited and happy.  They danced.  They shouted.  They were elated. But not long afterwards, they didn’t like their freedom and they wanted to return to their old way of life.  In the church, we call this backsliding, which is merely a return to the old way of life and living.  Paul told the church at Galatia to remain steadfast and to persevere in the freedom that Jesus Christ had used to make them free, and not return to the things that had them in bondage prior to their freedom (my words).  There are many things today that have people in bondage.  A love of money.  Social media.  Greed. Selfishness.  Pride.  Lust.  Perversion.  These things have many in bondage and they can’t get free.  Sad to say, many of them were at one time made free by Jesus through His word, but they did not remain in that freedom.  They desired to return to their old way of life.  Not acting or participating in the things that others call fun or dressing in an unkempt and immoral way is not bondage but freedom. What about you?  Are you on the verge of walking away from your freedom because of what the world has told you that you are missing?  Have you considered eternity lately?  Have you counted the cost?  

 Sing: Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, no freedom from my sorry I felt, but Jesus came and listened to me, and glory to God, He set me free.
He set me free, yes, He set me free.  He broke the bonds of prison for me.  I’m glory bound my Jesus to see.  Glory to God, He set me free.

Thought For Today: Have you considered eternity lately?

1 comment:

  1. I have the Pearl of great price and I'm NOT LETTING GO!!!

    ReplyDelete