Saturday, August 19, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 August 19


Today’s Morsel:  When God gave Moses the instructions for how each tribe was to be set and displayed around the tabernacle in the wilderness, each tribe had its own standard, or flag.  That way, they knew where they were to assemble and where to report.  The Lord said through the prophet Isaiah, “When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.” God will put our enemy to flight when he sees God’s flag coming because he knows that God is on our side.  If the Philistines knew that the Ark of the Covenant was in the camp of Israel, they were afraid of Israel and would not attack.  It was only when the Ark was not present that they were not afraid to attack.  God further stated, “this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.”  Stay under God’s standard and you will be just fine.

Sing: I may never march in the Infantry, ride in the Calvary, shoot the Artillery; I may never soar over the enemy, but I’m in the Lord’s Army.  Yes Sir!

Thought For Today: Stay under God’s standard (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment