Thursday, August 17, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 August 17

"For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone. Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell."  (Psalms 86:10-13)

Today’s Morsel:  How do we describe God’s greatness? What yardstick could we use?  In Genesis 1, God unfolds part of His greatness when He created the heavens and the earth.  Psalm 136 lists some of His greatness because of His mercy toward us.  How do we describe His greatness?  He even asked Job, what some say, was 77 questions about His greatness (Job 38-42)?  When I’m asked this question, I simply say, I was a sinner lost and on my way to hell and He delivered me from that horrible pit.  And now I can truly say, He’s not only great, but He’s compassionate and loving for all those who seek Him.  His greatness is unsearchable and passed finding out.

Sing:  For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: Thou art God alone, teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in Thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy name. I will praise Thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify Thy name for evermore.

Thought For Today:  His greatness is unsearchable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment