Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 August 1

“Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die. But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips”
(Job 2:9-10)

Today’s Morsel:  Honesty is the quality of being fair and truthful; the quality of being honest.  It’s having integrity, morality, and uprightness.  Honesty means telling the truth.  It means avoiding deceptive and fraudulent behavior.  It is refusing to lie, cheat, or steal.  Scripture says “And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause” (Job 2:3).  I heard one minister say that Job lost everything but his nagging wife.  I’m told that there is a plaque on display at the entrance of Vanderbilt University Student Center which reads: “Today I am going to give you two examinations, one in Trigonometry and one in Honesty.  I hope you will pass them both, but if you must fail one, let it be trigonometry.”  What a statement.  How would we score?  Honesty is not only the best policy, it is the only policy.  Lily Tomlin says, “The best mind-altering drug is truth.”

Sing: Jesus hold my hand, Lord I need Thee every hour. Through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power. Hear my feeble plea, O Lord, look down on me, when I kneel in prayer I hope to meet You there, Blessed Jesus hold my hand.

Thought For Today:  “The best mind-altering drug is truth.” Lily Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment