Thursday, March 9, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 March 9

“Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds” (Hebrews 12:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  Do you ever get to the point that you just feel like quitting?  Well, let me encourage you, don’t. What I’ve found is that every time I get this spirit to give up and give in, I hear another voice which says, “I didn’t quit, so why are you?”  The writer of Hebrews tells us to look unto Jesus and run with patience the race that is set before us.  Jesus said, “Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth” (Matthew 5:5).  Those that are patient will obtain that new heaven and new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.  Think about those in the grandstands that will be cheering for you when you cross the finish line. Think about those that will be cheering when you are in the winners' circle.  Just around the corner and we’ll be home.

Sing: I’ve got a mad up mind, I've got a final destination, gonna keep on pressing on, to my final destination; gonna burn all the bridges behind me, break all the ties that bind me; gonna keep on pressing on, till I reach that, home sweet home, that New Jerusalem.

Thought For Today:  Don’t quit!

2 comments:

  1. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me...he that endures to the end shall be saved.

    Some days I lean more on Jesus than others...let that be these next several days...Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song.... where did you hear it?

    ReplyDelete