Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 March 29

“The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God. Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing” (Deuteronomy 7:25-26).

Today’s Morsel:
​ ​
Have you ever heard someone say, “I wish that I hadn’t…
​....​
 because since I did, all it has done is cause me trouble?” 
​ ​In preparing the children of Israel for their new land of promise, 
Moses instructed them to not take on the ways nor the things of the land that they were about to enter because 
​these things 
were accursed. 
​ ​
He told them to not to bring them into their house lest they become a curse
​d​
 thing like it. 
​ ​
He told them to detest them. 
​ ​
When will the children of God detest the things of this world? When will they realize that the things which promote lust and pride are not of God? 
​ ​
 
​B
e care
​ful​
 of what you bring into your house, it may destroy you.

Sing: You can take this whole world, but give me Jesus. You can take this whole world, but give me Jesus.
​ ​
 You can take this whole world, but give me Jesus
​;
 no turning back, no turning back.


Thought For Today:  Be careful​ of what you bring into your house.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This passage of Scripture is one of those 'golden nuggets' we find from time to time. This is especially valuable to me, personally, as this clarifies what I have been going through as of late. Though I have maintained holiness in my home, it has been more challenging doing so in my mind. I am learning to effectively wield the Sword of the Spirit and the rest of the armor of God, so that I am able to resist temptation and receive the crown of life, according to James 1. I realize now from being brought back to this Scripture, that that which tempts me is actually a cursed thing that brings nothing but curses, and that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, thus this commandment in Deuteronomy applies directly to my mind - I cannot and will not allow a cursed thing to rest in my mind. I will purge my thinking of the cursed things.

    ReplyDelete