Thursday, March 30, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 March 30

 “Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, always”
(Deuteronomy 11:1)

Today’s Morsel:  “No more monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head.”  This little rhyme seems to be spoken by parents when their children fall for their disobedience to what they were told not to do.  Throughout scripture, we see that all the instructions which were spoken by Moses to the children of Israel was for their good, yet it seemed to have fallen on deaf ears.  A people who had seen the love and mercies of God, and the ones who should have been in total obedience, turned into a nation of total disobedience and suffered great lost.  I believe, that like Israel, there are so many today who are hearing but are not mixing faith with what they are hearing, thus creating a great wave of disobedience in their lives. Like the Pharisees and Sadducees, they are trying to follow the wording and not the meaning.  Jesus said that all the commandments are fulfilled in two scriptures:  Love God and your neighbor as yourself.  If you try to live your life based on the word of God and not with meaning of that word, you will more than likely become disobedient to it.  As Solomon exalts us, “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding” (Proverbs 4:7).  If you obtain understanding, you are more likely to be obedient to the word.

Sing: Lead me Lord, I will follow, lead me Lord, I will go, You have called me, I will answer, lead me Lord, I will go.

Thought For Today:  Understand what thou readest?

1 comment: