Thursday, June 9, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 June 9

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
(Psalms 118:1-9)

Today’s Morsel: Testimony service times are such a good time for standing and giving thanks to God before others for what He has done for you.  I don’t know about you, but I love sharing how God saved me and what He is doing in my life.  As Rev. A. L. Clanton stated in his song, “My Thanks to Him," “I love to tell how Jesus saved my soul, when I was lost and facing dark despair; but mortal tongue could never tell the whole, nor thank Him for such wondrous love and care.”  In writing to the church at Thessolinica, the Apostle Paul stated, “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). I know for some that may seem hard to do, especially when things don’t seem to be going in your favor.  But really it isn’t hard when we understand that all things work together for our good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).  Remember that if God be for us, who can be against us (Romans 8:31).  Then thanks should be given to Him without hesitation or reservation.  A little gratitude goes a long way with Jesus.

Sing:  He is more than all the world to me, the dearest friend that I have ever known; and it will take the whole eternity, to thank Him for the love that He has shown.

Thought For Today: A little gratitude goes a long way with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment