Monday, June 20, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 June 20

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. (Revelation 3:19-22)

Today’s Morsel: Often when we hear the story of Jesus visiting the home of Martha, and Mary just sits at Jesus feet and listens to Him while Martha is troubled and cumbered about with many things (Luke 10:35-39), we can judge Martha for not being like her sister.  But what about us?  I’ve noticed lately that so many people in the church seem to be confused and directionless.  Many seem to be carrying heavy loads of burdens. What has gone wrong?  When did the church lose its focus?  Have we shut the door and not allowed Jesus to come in to help us?  Have we focused more on numbers than making the church the healing and deliverance station that Jesus intended it to be?  Have we refused Jesus?  Have we accepted the devil instead?  Have we developed programs to replace the Spirit?  Jesus stands at the door of every life ready to heal and ready to deliver, but it is up to each of us if we will allow Him entrance to work.

Sing: Let Jesus come in to your heart.  Just now, your doubting's give over;  Just now reject Him no more; just now, throw open the door; let Jesus come into your heart.

Thought For Today: You are the only one that can allow Jesus to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment