Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 June 15

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you” (John 15:13-15).

Today’s Morsel:  We don’t hear most people introducing people by saying, “This is my friend_______” anymore. However, I do sometimes hear my wife on the phone when certain other ministers' wives call her or she calls them, greet them by saying, “Hi friend!”  Why don’t we have more friends?  What do you look for in people before you make them your friend?   If Jesus called us His friend, then shouldn’t we have more friends if we say that we are Christians and believers of His?  Solomon tells us that a friend loves at all times and a brother is born for adversity. You see, true friends contact you to see how you are doing. True friends are willing to set things aside and spend time with you.  True friends will tell you what you need to hear and give you advice for correction.  True friends will hold your hand when you are going through the storms or rivers of life and help you reach safety.  True friends joy with you in the good times as well as cry with you in grief.  Hi friend!

Sing:  What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!  What are privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!  O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer!

Thought For Today: “A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."

No comments:

Post a Comment