Thursday, June 23, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 June 23

Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
(1 Kings 8:12)

Today’s Morsel:  If you have noticed the condition of the world which we now live in, there is absolute total darkness taking place.  Sin has blinded the minds of so many.  People are blinded to the truth.  They are blinded to the gospel.  They have no knowledge of Christ and His love for them.  They are calling good evil and evil good.  Paul said, “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them” (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).  But Jesus said that He would dwell in thick darkness. There can never be an overabundance of darkness of sin that can block out the light of Christ.  If one cries out to Jesus with a sincere heart of repentance, he can find Him. Paul said, where sin doth abound, grace doth much more about (Romans 5:20). If you are a Christian, be not discouraged about all the evil that you see taking place in this world.  If you have a solid relationship with Jesus, you should still be able to see Him at work.  Light always expels darkness and you are a part of that light.

Sing: Every hour of the day, keep me dear Lord I pray, Let me walk in the gospel light: let me hold fast to Him, so my way won’t grow dim, Let me walk in the gospel light.
Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light. Let me walk in the gospel light; till my journey is over, and I travel no more, Let me walk in the gospel light.

Thought For Today:  Jesus is still the light that gets you out of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment