Tuesday, December 8, 2015

2015 December 8 - Morning Manna

Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow, which is done unto me, wherewith the LORD hath afflicted me in the day of his fierce anger. (Lamentations 1:12)
  
Today's Morsel: When we read the Book of Lamentations, it is showing the Prophet Jeremiah weeping, sorrowing and in anguish for Judah and Jerusalem as they are now destroyed and carried into captivity.  Many lives have been lost.  Sons and daughters are fatherless and motherless.  Mothers and fathers are childless.  Many wives are now widows.  Nothing but grief, sorrow, and pain can be found.  All because of a people who were disobedient to their God and His word.  The God that loved them.  The God that had delivered them.  The God that had sought to make them free.  But now, because they had rejected the words of the prophet and the prophecy from God, the prophet can only lament and weep after what he sees.  He said,  "Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow, which is done unto me, wherewith the LORD hath afflicted me in the day of his fierce anger."  We are warned that the nation that forgets God will be turned into hell.  God has not changed.  Now is not the time to disobey God and His word, but now is the time that we should embrace it and Him as well.  It is time that we be obedient to the Lord and His commands.

Sing:  I'm getting ready to leave this place, I'm getting ready for the gates of pearls, keeping my record right, watching both day and night, I'm getting ready to leave this world.

Thought for Today: Don't take for granted the granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment