Saturday, December 26, 2015

2015 December 26 - Morning Manna

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. (Psalms 100:1-5)

Today's Morsel:  The Psalmist calls for us to enter the gates of the Lord with thanksgiving and come into his courts with praise.  Gates are often associated with an entrance.  And so I believe what the Psalmist is saying is that every time we come before the presence of the Lord we should come with thanksgiving in our hearts.  No matter what we are going through in life, and no matter how many hardships we may be facing, or the weight we may be carrying, we come before Him with thanksgiving because we are coming to bless Him for His goodness and mercy towards us.  When our hearts are filled with thanks, and our mouths are filled with praise, joy will be in our hearts and deliverance will soon be ours.  

Sing:  I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth.  My soul shall make her boast in Thee Lord, the humble shall hear thereof and be glad. Oh magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His Name together, I sought the Lord and He heard me, and delivered me from all of my fears.

Thought for Today: You can't have thanksgiving without thanks. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment