Friday, December 18, 2015

2015 December 18 - Morning Manna

And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee. (Isaiah 12:1-6)

Today's Morsel: The reason I believe that many people do not have joy is because they are seeking for it in things rather than the One who can give it to them.  Happiness is predicated in circumstances, but joy is predicated upon Jesus.  Isaiah said that with joy we can draw waters out of the wells of salvation (Isaiah 12:3).  David said that  joy comes in the morning (Psalms 30:5); Nehemiah said that the joy of the Lord was our strength (Nehemiah 8:10); Solomon said, "For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God" (Ecclesiastes  2:26); Jeremiah said, "Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts" (Jeremiah 15:16); Zephaniah said, "The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17); and Jesus said, "I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance" (Luke 15:7). When we truly understand God, we can see that one of the things that He loves is being in the midst of us and bringing us joy.

Sing:  Joy to the world! the Lord is come, let earth receive her King; let every heart prepare Him room, and heaven and nature sing, and heaven and nature sing, and heaven, and heaven, and nature sing.

Thought For Today: He will rejoice over thee with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment