Saturday, December 5, 2015

2015 December 5 - Morning Manna

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. (Psalms 119:9)

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. (John 15:3)

Today's Morsel:  One of the things that I have learned in my 30 plus years as a Christian, is that God will do nothing for me that He has already told me to do in His word for myself.  Part of my spiritual maturity in Him, is to be obedient to what He's already told me in His word.  I can't expect God to help my finances if I'm not tithing.  You may get a raise on your job without tithing.  But yet do you find yourself having stress and turmoil in your life, and is your home without peace?  I can't expect God to fight my battles if I am disobedient to the leadership He's placed over me.  I can't expect God to make a way for me, If I don't walk in the pathway He's already established for me to walk in.  I can't expect to have peace in my life if I don't follow the Prince of Peace.  So don't expect God to do anything for you that He's already placed in His word for you to do yourself.  The apostle James tells us that God places the onus on us to do that which God already said.  "Is any among you afflicted?  let him pray.  Is any merry?  let him sing psalms.  Is any sick among you?  let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him" (James 5:13-15).  When is the last time you've used your Bible to trouble shoot your own life?

Sing: Sing them over again to me, wonderful words of life; Let me more of their beauty see, wonderful words of life; words of life and beauty, teach me faith and duty. Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life.

Thought for Today: Obedience is better than sacrifice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment