Monday, October 5, 2015

2015 October 5 - Morning Manna

The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear? (Proverbs 18:14)

Today's Morsel:  I was talking with a friend a few days ago about all the different illnesses in the world today. Every disease you can think of is before us.  It seems that new illnesses are being named and reported on a daily basis.  And the system seems to be trying to find a cure for all of them.   Then add to that all the unrest in the world, and in the home, many are being wounded in their spirits.  One of the most deadly diseases is a wounded spirit.   A wounded spirit will always be with you unless you allow Jesus to heal you of it.  There is no doctor that can diagnosis any type of medication for it.  They may prescribe different kinds  of pills and drugs, but this disease is not cured by drug.  It is only cured by God.  "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).  Is your spirit wounded?  Are you carrying around past hurts or perhaps present hurts?  Then why not allow Jesus the opportunity to perform what He said that He came to do.  For He said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord" (Luke 4:18-19).  Believe me, He is the only cure for this disease.  Jesus can make you whole.

Sing:  He touched me!  He touched me!  And oh the joy that floods my soul, something happened, and now I know, Jesus touched me and He made me whole.

Thought for Today:  Jesus is still the answer for the world today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment