Thursday, October 29, 2015

2015 October 29 - Morning Manna

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. (Genesis 17:1-5)

Today's Morsel:  God's covenant blessings are not freely given.  They require an obedience to receive.  God had made a promise to Abraham when he was 75 years old that if he left home He would bless him.  Yet the promise was not fulfilled until Abraham was 100 years old.  During that 25 year span,  Abraham made a few costly mistakes which I believe delayed him in receiving his promise.  So now at 99 God appears to him and tells him to walk before Him and be perfect and that He will make a covenant with him.  And so, at 100 years of age, Abraham received the covenant promise of  Isaac.  Paul tells us that if we are baptized into Jesus Christ, then we are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.  In other words, what God promised Abraham is for us today, too.  But we must walk before God and be perfect in order receive the promise.

Sing:  Just to walk with Him means everything to me, just to know He's near His hand is leading me.  Though the world pass me by, go their way, let me be, just to walk with Him means everything to me.

Thought for Today:  Whatever you need, God's got it, and He's waiting to give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment