Friday, October 2, 2015

2015 October 2 - Morning Manna

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Today's Morsel:  Sometimes I reflect on my life and I ask myself why didn't I pursue acting.  When I was in school I liked acting in school plays.  I was even asked once about trying out for a part in" Driving Miss Daisy" here in La Crosse at the Community Theater, but I didn't do it.   Ashleigh Brillant, British cartoonist said, "My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot."  The Lord said through the prophet Jeremiah, "I know the thoughts that I think toward you. Thoughts of peace, and not evil, to give you an expected end."  One of the surest ways to find what God thinks about us is to read and perform His word.  When we do, we see also what role He wants us to play in this life.

Sing:  Aren't you getting just a bit tired, of fooling around? You're trying to act you way through this life but you are not gaining ground. Why not try the Lord today, just ask Him in your heart to stay, and you'll find Jesus' love to be the greatest gift that you've ever found.
   Jesus got a hold of my life and He won't let me go. Jesus got in to my heart, He got in to my soul. I used to be oh so sad, but now I happy, free and I'm glad, cause Jesus got a hold of my life and He won't let me go.

Thought for Today:  Find the part Jesus has for you, and perform it.

No comments:

Post a Comment