Saturday, October 3, 2015

2015 October 3 - Morning Manna

"For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness" (Colossians 1:9-11)
  
Today's Morsel: Now that I am getting older, I've had to change my physical activities to more walking than running.  I've learned that the continual pounding on the old knees isn't to good for me.   I find more scriptures about walking than I do running anyhow.  We are told to walk in the spirit and we will not fulfill the lust of our flesh (Galatians 5:16).  The Lord told Abraham in Genesis 13:17 to "Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee."  And then, "When Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect" (Genesis 17:1). And Abraham is called a friend of God.  Paul told the church at Colossi, "For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and long-suffering with joyfulness." When we walk according to God's word, we will be blessed in our deeds.  Why not give walking a try, walking with the Lord that is.

Sing:  I am blessed! I am blessed! Every day that I live I am blessed. When I wake-up in the morning till I lay my head to rest I am blessed, I am blessed.

Thought for Today: "Walk on , walk on, with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone" (Oscar Hammerstein)

No comments:

Post a Comment