Monday, September 21, 2015

2015 September 21 - Morning Manna

And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. (Luke 9:57-62)

Today's Morsel:  Being farmers in North Carolina, I observed my father from early morning to late in the evening plowing the fields.  It seems that he knew what he needed to do during the day and he didn't look back once he started.  Sad to say, too many people start a project or establish a goal, and never follow through to completion. Perhaps this is because they fail to establish short range goals and they fail to understand that there are some tough steps in every project.  Jesus is very clear in today's parable. We can find all the excuses we want for the reason that we can't follow Him right now, but those same types of excuses can render us unfit to enter the Kingdom of God, as opportunity usually only knocks once.  

Sing: I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back.

Thought for Today:  Tired arms and calloused hands are a sign that you held to the plow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment