Wednesday, July 8, 2015

2015 July 8 - Morning Manna

 "And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD: Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD" (Lamentations 3:18-26)
  
Today's Morsel:   As we already know, the word faithfulness means unwavering in belief, consistently trustworthy and loyal, especially to a person, promise, or duty.  The trait of faithfulness is essential to every child of God, and it, like the other traits of character, must be developed in each of us.  One of the things about God, among so many other things, is that He is faithful.  Even if we deny Him, He's still faithful.  He cannot deny who He is.  I oftentimes wonder if His delaying in answering prayers is because folks aren't faithful to Him.  Paul told us that if we deny Him, He will deny us ( 2 Timothy 2:12).  The psalmist said, "I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations. For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens" (Psalms 89:1-2).  He said that God is faithful and he's going to proclaim it to everyone. Solomon said: "Most men will proclaim everyone his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find" (Proverbs 20:6)?  Houston we've got a problem!  Paul again admonishes us "Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful" (1 Corinthians 4:2).  Jesus said that if we are not faithful to that of another man's, who will give to us that which is our own (my wording).  If we aren't faithful to others, can we not expect to receive the same back in return (Galatians 6:7)?

Sing: He's been faithful, faithful to me. Looking back His love and mercy I see.  In my heart, I have questioned, even failed to believe, yet He's been faithful, faithful to me.

Thought for Today: You do reap what you sow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment