Tuesday, July 21, 2015

2015 July 21 - Morning Manna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
(Proverbs 17:22)

Today's Morsel: I have this clean joke book that I like to keep by my bedside for when I need a good laugh.  I especially like to read a few jokes when my day hasn't been so good.  Solomon says that a merry heart does good like a medicine. In other words, it can make you feel so much better.  
Here's one for you:  A little boy was waiting for his mother to come out of the grocery store.  As he waited, he was approached by a man who asked, "Son, can you tell me where the post office is?" The little boy replied, "Sure, just go straight down the street a couple blocks and turn to your right." The man thanked the boy kindly and said, "I'm the new pastor in town, and I'd like you to come to church on Sunday. I'll show you how to get to Heaven." The little boy replied with a chuckle, "Awww, come on; how can you show me how to get to heaven, you don't even know the way to the post office!"
I bet if you look in the mirror, you can find something to laugh about.  I pray that you have a joyous day!

Sing: He fills my mouth with laughter, Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! He fills my mouth with laughter, Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! He fills my mouth with laughter, Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!  The joy of the Lord is my strength.

Thought for Today: Humor is still  good medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment