Saturday, April 25, 2015

2015 April 25 - Morning Manna

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. (Genesis 3:6-10)

Today's Morsel: I've noticed that when many men and women who are in authority are overcome by a fault, and their fault is discovered, they seem to be in a huge state of remorse.  Like Adam and Eve, sin will make you feel ashamed when it is discovered.  There are many things in my life that I didn't know were sins until I came into the truth of God's word.  In so many things, like Paul, I did it in ignorance.   Even though many a time I felt within myself that they were wrong, because I saw everyone else doing them and no one telling me I was wrong, I just assumed that they were alright to do.  But I am so thankful that God has now revealed to me the truth of His word, and I can make the right choices for my life.  What about you?  Are you ashamed of a past sin that you have done or even a present sin that you are doing?  If you are, you can repent of that sin and God will forgive you of it.

Sing: I surrender all. I surrender all.  All to Thee my blessed Savior, I surrender all.

Thought for Today:  You can overcome your sin. Just turn to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment