Friday, April 10, 2015

2015 April 10 - Morning Manna

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (Genesis 3:17-19)

Today's Morsel: There is nothing like a good day's work. I don't know about you, but I don't care too much for hand-me-outs.  I feel so much better when I have worked up a good sweat doing lawn, house, and garden work, or even a job that I've been hired for.  My wife always says that I can sweat in a snow storm!  And she is right, I even sweat when I'm out shoveling snow.  When I was a kid, my dad ensured that we accomplished a good day's work.  As a matter of fact, we carried a rag or towel to wipe the sweat from our brow.  But today, I hear people complaining about a little sweat.  They want jobs inside with air conditioners to keep them cool. God told Adam, that he would have to work the fields and in the sweat of his face to bring in his bread.  Was this a harsh punishment to Adam for his disobedience?  No!  This was just an example of what Paul would later write, "Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat" (2 Thessalonians 3:8-10).  Even Jesus prayed until His sweat was as drops of blood.  Learn the value of laboring for the Lord, it brings great satisfaction.

Sing: Well I feel good! I feel good! Just to know I've been redeemed makes me feel good.  I feel good! I feel good! Just to know I've been redeemed makes me feel good.

Thought for Today: "Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat." Ann Landers

No comments:

Post a Comment