Wednesday, April 1, 2015

2015 April 1 - Morning Manna

Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man. (John 2:23-25)

Today's Morsel:  Usually in marriage counseling, I try to get people not to rush into marriage, but to wait until they get to know each other first.  I try to get each one of them to see that within everyone there are those hidden idiosyncrasies and  ways of behaving, thinking, and feeling that are peculiar to each of us and that we should know these things before we say "I do" for a life-long commitment.  The Bible says that Jesus knew all men and that He knew what was in man.  This is because He is the Creator of us all.  As Paul told the church at Colossi:  "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist" (Colossians 1:16-17).  There is nothing hidden from Him.  As he told Jeremiah,  "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations" (Jeremiah 1:5). And he knows what He created you for, too.  He told Nathanael ... "Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee" (John 1:48).  He knows what is in each of us.  Our thoughts, our hurts, our bitterness, our intentions, and even our hidden and past sins.  King David even found out that his sins weren't hidden from God.  There is no wrong motive, thought, or idea that is hidden from Him and yet He still loves us and offers to us eternal salvation.  What a God!
  
Sing: He knew me, and yet He loved me, He whose glory makes the heavens shine; I'm so unworthy, of such mercy, yet when He was on the cross, I was on His mind.

Thought for Today:  God always knows what you are up to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment